Lord Pastoral is a run as a family business where we encourage everyone to find a role that they can thrive in and enjoy being part of a successful team.
The culture we strive to maintain:
- To promote a happy & safe culture where people can grow to utilise their full potential.
- Creating thinking in the workplace, both as an individual and for others for what is the best result for the business and people
- To encourage people to find their voice and speak their thoughts
- To promote an environment where people can think for themselves to gain a higher level of common sense & problem solving.
- To always look for ways to help people get the best out of their day and those around them.
- Develop and maintain a high level of professionalism both socially and at work
- To have everyone on the station doing their part to enhance the culture
- Main roles and responsibilities:
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- A passion for livestock handling and grazing management.
- Mustering on 2-wheel motorbikes (we don’t use horses)
- Livestock supplement feeding i.e. molasses, protein meals, weaner meals, dry licks etc.
- To be responsible for the wellbeing of the stock and to apply the practices of Low Stress Stock (LSS) handling when working with stock.
- Ability to move around with the camp between our stations for musters & general station duties
- Fencing & water construction and maintenance.
- Machinery operation, basic maintenance & problem identification of Tractors, up to HC Trucks, Loader, Toyotas, Bikes etc.
- Willingness to learn about the Agricultural industry (if your keen to learn we're keen to train)
- Able to identify, plan, prioritize, communicate & enact their roles
In addition to the key responsibilities, you will also be required to:
- To attend weekly meetings to work with the rest of the team to prioritize the operational side of the Lord Pastoral business
- To be a strong team player
- To have a great work attitude and display a high level of common sense
- To work co-operatively with others in the team
- To be punctual to work
- To exhibit clean and tidy personal habits and act in a way that enhances you and your fellow workmates.
- To display acceptable social behaviour while dealing with the general public both in work and social situations.
- Working dogs are highly recommended for this position but not a must.
- Above award day rate, less tax, plus superannuation
- Own private room that is air conditioned (single and couple accommodation available)
- Board & keep included
- High speed internet
Please note, the role comes with mentoring and skill development from management and co-workers. No question is a silly question and you are not alone.
Contact Ardie and Kacie on the details below for more information.